Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Some Recent Changes

This is going to be one of those "personal" posts that probably won't have a point. I apologize in advance, feel free to go look at kittens instead.

Anyone still here? Cool! So, if you've been hanging around a while, you may have noticed that I haven't been posting nearly as frequently as I used to.

My bad. :(

2 weeks ago, I was informed at work that I was being given some new responsibilities...along with a new schedule. I now work Monday (and Monday evening), Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and every other Saturday (and Saturday evening).
I love you, Office Space

This has caused some shakeups with my schedule:

1) Volunteering at North Point. I can't commit to being a part of the music & creative arts team at my church any longer. There's only so much time in a week; and since work has forced itself into further recesses of my life, something else is going to have to take the hit. It's not going to be my family, it's going to have to my volunteer load at the church. I have been a huge drama-queen over the past 2 weeks about this, but it's a pretty big deal to me.

2) Writing on this blog. The new work I perform at the office really messes with my brain, essentially making me scattered and feeling fragmented all day. Almost some kind of artificial ADD. This makes writing a post incredibly difficult. I may try to start writing from home, as opposed to "down times" at the office, but so far I've just allowed the quantity (and quality) of the posts I've written to suffer drastically. Again, sorry about that.

To be honest, I'm constantly surprised that you guys read what I write here. The comments, emails, dm's, etc that I get are incredibly encouraging. And though this isn't a "huge" blog by any means, I know that it's impactful. I hope that I can continue writing, and that you guys keep reading, thinking & commenting.

It's crazy to think of the relationships that I've formed with people all around the country from blogging and everything that comes with it. Even though I've never met most of you, I feel really connected to you...and I hope to not lose that.

Despite my drama over these changes, God has been way ahead of me on everything (surprise!!). There are different ways for me to be involved with my church other than just during the weekend services. Hopefully I am being prepared for bigger things, and I need to find comfort in the uncomfortable transitions.

As I'm sure you're aware, as you've gone through uncomfortable times yourself; the only place to find that comfort, that peace that doesn't even make sense, is in God. I need to stop trying to control the situation, and try to figure out where God is directing me.

Thanks for sticking through this, you can go look at kittens now too.