Sunday, April 04, 2010

I'm so lucky to be a part of all this

Happy Easter everyone.

Right now I'm sitting in the control booth at NPC between services. It's a crazy busy weekend. We did 3 services yesterday and are doing another 4 today.

Yep, those are lasers.

Last night, we had over 4100 people come to NPC.

Across 3 services.

Our auditorium sits 1000.

Do the math.

We're on pace to potentially hit 8000 people this weekend.

Most people are just in shock at the madness.

I'm not just focused on the numbers though. Yet I do believe that numbers are important.

Numbers do matter, because each number represents a person.

And people matter to God.

---

There are hundreds of volunteers here this weekend.

Many have given up their entire weekends, some are here for a few services. But either way, they're sacrificing time with their families, with their friends, time on Easter morning to come help others experience the life changing power of Jesus.

I've talked with several dozen people...maybe even a hundred this weekend...and they all have the exact same thing to say:

I can't believe what's happening here...I'm so lucky to be a part of all this.

The love that these people have for Jesus, for this church, for the staff, for each other as volunteers, for the people that will be coming today and maybe hearing a message of forgiveness and acceptance from a people they've learned to accept condemnation and judgment from...it's incredible.

I can't believe what's happening here.

I'm so lucky to be a part of all this.

Happy Easter everyone.

***Edit: Added a picture and our total for the weekend was over 8400 people!! Ridiculous!***