Sunday, December 20, 2009

Do We Actually Rob Them?

This trailer is a year old. The movie came out last month. I brought it up in discussion in couple's group tonight as we were talking about giving.

Here you go:


If you can't see the video, go here: http://bit.ly/5KtHQP

I brought up the lines near the end of the trailer. They read:

  • When we ignore the prostituted child; that we actually lend our hand to their abuse.
  • That when we ignore the widow and the orphan in their distress; that we actually add to their pain.
  • When we ignore the slave who remains captive; that it's us who's entrapping them.
  • That when we forget the refugee; that it's us who is displacing them.
  • That when we choose not to help the poor and the needy; that we actually rob them.
  • Perhaps the only fair thing to say is that when we forsake the lives of others; we actually forsake our own.
The one I mentioned was the 2nd to the last one. And I could hardly get the words out. I heard and felt my voice cracking while I was talking, because it was choking me up.

Because it was really hitting me this evening.

Because I believe it.

Do you?